Monday 23 November 2015

OOTD // november grey skies, spring showers and DIY umbrella

As spring transitions into summer (it was flipping 40 degrees Celcius the other day o.o), there have still been a few overcast days of grey and rain.

The other day a friend, Aolei, and I went exploring around the city, and had an impromptu photoshoot in the on and off rain... we only had one umbrella between us, so one person kept getting drenched ._.


I tried a new kind of editing for these photos. Normally I go for a super bright, in your face, high contrasty kinda effect, but these have a much more muted, washed out, film look I think/hope.

Grey turtleneck sweater/cape top // unknown
Jeans // Target
Platform Chelsea boots // Lipstick Shoes
Umbrella // DIY/Daiso
Ring // markets


Here's my friend looking like a princess as always :P

Top and skirt // Gumboots
Boots // Hush Puppies
Ring // markets

We matched with the grey kind of accidentally. What a nice coincidence though, seeing as the sky and the buildings around us matched too! :D


Attempting to twirl around HAHA

As I'm always behind the camera, the few times I'm in front are very awkward and I spend them going "WHATDOIDOIDON'TKNOWWHATI'MDOINGARGHHHH"


Inspired by this super lovely and creative tutorial by Eat Your Teacup, I bought a clear umbrella from Daiso for $3.80 a few weeks back along with a pink and green paint markers. I simply doodle some weird looking flowers and leaves on the inside, attempting to cluster them towards the edges, and bam! Cute umbrella complete :)


I really want to go get another one so I can do a new design, but common sense is screaming in my ears that I don't need fifty umbrellas.


This was an attempt to get a cool reflection photo... f.t. my annoying hair.


Is it just me or would this photo perhaps fit within a sci-fi film? Maybe? *crosses fingers*


I was pleasantly surprised with this photo, seeing as I had no idea what Aolei was doing.


Thanks Aolei, for being the only person who is willing to let me boss them around and for doing crazy stuff in public for the sake of photos xD


We got these rings on the same day, with the fox being mine and the heart infinity hers. I've never really owned a ring before so that's something new. Funny story- she lost the ring on the same day (but someone found it for her so it was all good).

Don't read the next paragraph if you get grossed out easily :P

Bye the way, before you ask, my nails weren't fake xD My friends thought it was extremely gross, but I was trying to see how long my nails could grow without breaking, and I made it to a good half a centimetre before I had to cut them for work ._. 


She reminds me of a happy bear in this photo and I'm not sure why.


I saw the sign to this place called Anita while we were wandering around, and I recognised it from the wonderful aesthetic world of Instagram, so of course I had to go in ;D


It has gelato! I got Hersheys and Cheesecake as flavours, and Aolei got Kiwi Banana and Watermelon Mint.


Turns out the bottom left is a frozen yogurt booth, where they only have the plain flavour of it, but you get UNLIMITED toppings. I should try that next time.

Anywho, sorry this post was a day late! :(

Lately I've been feeling pretty bored and underwhelmed with life. Hopefully I'll get out of this funk and start being productive in preparation for CHRISTMAS BLOG POSTS :D

Question for y'all: what's your favourite ice cream flavour? :)
I love me some strawberry or cookies and cream <3

Stay fabulous!
Lena xx



No comments:

Post a Comment