Sunday 27 September 2015

learning to crochet! | crochet creations

Hello!

I've decided to make use of the numerous hours I usually spend procrastinating and not doing anything by learning a new skill - crochet!


Crocheting does take time and patience, as most patterns require you to do the same thing over and over again numerous times. But patience is a virtue, and in the end you will be left with an amazing creation, hand-crafted by the one and only, you!

All you will need to start off is some wool, and a crochet needle. The crochet needle size I use the most is the 3mm hook, but I usually have different sizes lying around as well.

WOOOOOOL!
2.5mm to 5mm crochet hooks!
I started learning basic crochet stitches via YouTube videos and blog posts, and the very first thing I had crocheted is this little heart. It is extremely simple, and no former experience is required to crochet it. I followed this simple tutorial. Of course, if you would like me to make a blog post with pictures showing you the steps, feel free to ask!

You can easily turn these into ornaments by tying the leftover string to make a loop.
With the knowledge of a few basic stitches, you will be able to make countless things, including this cute little pal.

Kawaii octopus ^_^

Let me know if you would like some tutorials in the comments below.


Have fun and don't procrastinate!
~ Judy x

No comments:

Post a Comment