Sunday 4 January 2015

recent reads || december


Sharing some of the books that I have read recently, as well as a few I am currently reading :)

To All the Boys I Have Loved Before by Jenny Han ☆☆
Despite having a rather shallow story line, with the plot not moving very quickly, I enjoyed this book as I found the characters realistic and somewhat relatable. To be completely honest though, the ending was abrupt and definitely needed more to it.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
I love how this story connected the nature of real world fandoms with story world. The main character in this book, Cath, is a reputable fanfiction writer (I found that the books she writes about are quite similar to Harry Potter! :D) and faces real life struggles in college. 

Diary of A Wimpy Kid- The Long Haul by Jeff Kinney  
Hilarious as usual. I really love this series. xD

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
I've only just started reading this, but it seems to be an interesting read, with an interesting structure. The beginning centres around Noah and his twin sister, Jude, with Noah being an artistic yet introverted person, and we venture into the realms of Noah's imagination, which conflicts with reality.

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
Again, I've only started this yesterday (as of when this was written) so I do not have much to judge, but this story seems to be a typical, cliche'd story line of a teenage girl falling in love. However, the popularity of this novel is due to the author, a well-known YouTuber who I adore! Yes, there is lots of controversy about who actually wrote the book, yet I am still looking forward to reading this, as cliche's are one of my guilty pleasures. xD I recieved this book as a Christmas present as well, which makes it even more special :)

What have you been reading lately? Let me know in the comments below :D 

See you!
- Lena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment