Sunday 22 March 2015

recent reads || march

Hello again!


Nineteen Minutes - Jodie Picoult ★★★★☆
Nineteen Minutes is one of those compelling books that make you really feel and empathize over the characters. It is a story about a victim of bullying, and how that dramatically changes his life and the lives of others.

Lord of the Flies - William Golding ★★★★☆
As you may or may not know, Lord of the Flies is commonly used as a novel-study book for students in high school. I have been wanting to read this novel for years, but never got the time to go find and borrow it (so I resolved to reading the plot on Wiki. Shhh) Anyway, I finally got the chance to read it, and yep - it was as good as I thought it would be. I found that the book itself would have been harder to follow and understand if it weren't for the help of Wiki's plot summary, but that may just be me skipping huge paragraphs of description and going straight for the dialogue...

The Happy Prince and Other Stories - Oscar Wilde ★★★★☆
This is one of the best and cutest collection of short stories I have ever read! Each story from the collection is well-written, I find classics quite hard to read, mainly because of the huge amounts of description and abundant use of olden language, but the stories in this book were surprisingly great! This book is great for reading before bed or during a short break, and of course, it is written by the wonderful Oscar Wilde whom we've all heard fabulous quotes from.

All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
I have yet to finish this book, but so far, so good. I'm finding the storyline to be very interesting, and I must say that it reminds me of John Green's books! I'm in love with the cover art as well (argh so cute!)


Anyway, that's a wrap for another monthly book-tastic post. I'll see you next time, have fun and take care!



"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
- Oscar Wilde


~ Judy x


No comments:

Post a Comment