Saturday 22 November 2014

nail art: mickey mouse and polka dots

HELLO THERE! *waves*

Recently I was on the hunt for a white nail polish to give to my friend for her birthday, and also one for myself.

I've been using nail polish on and off for the past couple of years, and I only have super cheap ones because it's not something I'm extremely passionate about, so I don't feel the need to spend $10 a bottle, when I can get a perfectly good one for a fraction of the price.

Or perhaps that's just an excuse for my rather frugal habits.

... but anywho.


Here's a Mickey Mouse design inspired by this tutorial. Apologies for my short nails, I play a sport called netball and for it I need short nails. 


I used this Sally Hansen nail polish in 300 White On. This was my first Sally Hansen polish, and I quite like it!


To paint on the little Mickey, I made my own nail art detailing brush. I just took a normal paint brush, and gradually cut off little bristles until it was as thin as I liked. It was quite mentally painful to 'destroy' a paint brush, but I really like it now! xD


What design do you think I should try tackle next? :)

Have a lovely day!
Lena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment