Sunday 26 October 2014

culture bean café


Hello there! :)

The other day, to celebrate my co-writer Judy's birthday, we headed out to a café called Culture Bean for brunch.


Being the newbies we were in going to cafes, we awkwardly sat down and squinted around for a menu. After we finally got menus and chose what we wanted, I accidentally said the wrong thing and got an acai bowl instead of the granola I wanted. Oh well, it still tasted delicious! I've never had an acai bowl before, so it was definitely a new yet wonderful experience.



To be completely honest, I thought the meal was sort of like melted ice cream with a lot of fruit and nuts on top, but at least it was super healthy. :D

Judy got the same thing, and our other friend settled for a strawberry smoothie.



The food and whole cafe was beautifully presented, and the food was amazing! Too bad we could barely finish our bowls, and ended I up leaving quite a lot of granola left...




For part of Judy's present, I gave her a little succulent. I intended to go out and buy a cute little cactus, but my dad just gave me the plant instead to 'save money'. Yep, I believe I inherited my frugal habits from my parents... the pot was from Daiso, and for only $2.80! 

Afterwards we headed to the park, and bought McDonald's ice cream later in the afternoon.

What's your favourite breakfast/brunch meal? I personally love Greek yogurt, oats/granola and fresh fruit, like strawberries, blueberries and banana! :P




Hope you have a lovely day,
Lena xx



No comments:

Post a Comment